<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 02, 2006

'We Shall Be Free' by Garth Brooks 
'We Shall Be Free'
by Garth Brooks


This ain't comin' from no prophet
Just an ordinary man
When I close my eyes I see
The way this world shall be
When we all walk hand in hand

When the last child cries for a crust of bread
When the last man dies for just words that he said
When there's shelter over the poorest head
We shall be free

When the last thing we notice is the color of skin
And the first thing we look for is the beauty within
When the skies and the oceans are clean again
Then we shall be free

We shall be free
We shall be free
Stand straight, and walk proud
'Cause we shall be free

When we're free to love anyone we choose
When this world's big enough for all different views
When we all can worship from our own kind of pew
Then we shall be free
We shall be free

We shall be free
Have a little faith
Hold out
'Cause we shall be free

And when money talks for the very last time
And nobody walks a step behind
When there's only one race and that's mankind
Then we shall be free

We shall be free
We shall be free
Stand straight, walk proud, have a little faith, hold out
We shall be free

We shall be free
We shall be free
Stand straight, stand straight, have a little faith, walk proud
We shall be free

We shall be free
We shall be free
Stand straight, walk proud
We shall be free

I remember back to when I was rather young and I can recall loving this song and as I grew older, so did my love for it.

This song is about people deserving to be free for no reason other than the fact that they are human. Its pretty simple.

Now on to why I posted this song...

Again, I was in a rut and couldn't come up with what to post. So I'm sitting here at the corner balcony on the second floor of the Bahama and I hear the clicking of boots coming down the sidewalk.
Now I'm not niave. I'm pretty damned sure this lass was a prostitute judging by her manner of dress, the way she carried herself, her being alone at night while walking in one of the biggest prostitution areas in Myrtle Beach.
But this one struck me as different than the others I've seen and been propositioned by in the past. She was kind of hot. And not just slightly above average hot like some I've seen. She was hot, looked to be in good shape, seemed physically clean and seemed to be doing pretty well. She was in a leather Harley jacket and dark blue jeans with female bike boots on and oi vey she had a body (the lower half was exceptionally nice).

So I get to thinking that she might actually be choosing this life instead of being forced into it by poverty, etc. and I was thinking that it would be a great sense of freedom if you could sell your body because you wanted to sell your body and not just because you had to survive.

So to me this probable postitute was a positive thing. If I'm right about her and she truly is happy then I envy her.

Is that silly, wrong, offensive, etc.? If so, I'm sorry. But its just how I think I suppose.

This post is doing this song no justice, though. I posted about something that is only remotely related to this song I guess but I see freedom as freedom and almost always good.

-=The Prynce



Comments:


Random Liberal Bumper Sticker Phrase*:

Buttons

  • This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
  • Get Firefox!
  • Top100bloggers.com

Search Google!

Currently Viewing:




Get Firefox!