<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, February 04, 2006

'Alison' by Elvis Costello 
'Alison'
by Elvis Costello


Oh, it's so funny to be seeing you after so long, girl.
By the way you look I understand that you were not impressed.
But I heard you let that little friend of mine
Take off your party dress.
I'm not gonna get too sentimental
Like those other sticky valentines.
Cuz I don't know if you were lovin' some body
I only know it isn't mine.

Alison, I know this world is killing you.
Oh, Alison, my aim is true.

Well, I see you've got a husband now.
Did he leave your pretty fingers lying in the wedding cake?
You used to hold him right in your hand
But he took all he could take.
Sometimes I wish that I could stop you from talking
When I hear the silly things that you say.
I think somebody better put out the big light
Cuz I can't stand to see you this way.

Alison, I know this world is killing you.
Oh, Alison, my aim is true.
My aim is true.

This wasn't the song by Elvis Costello that I had intended to post originally but I found it, it got stuck in my head right away and decided to post it.

Some people think that it is about murder but I doubt that it is. I see a few things that could possibly make me think that but they are sorta 'few and far between' as the say.

Anywho, I've felt so much like the guy in this song many times before and its a shit way to feel. I've actually felt that way before (too recently to be happy about) in almost every way described in this song like... line by line, lol. The whole wedding cake thing may be the exception but it could just be Costello using a metaphor that I just don't understand.

Its a pretty sad and at the very least emotional song, though. Costello's voice is amazing as always, though so... yeah.

S'all for now, folks!

-=The Prynce



Comments:


Random Liberal Bumper Sticker Phrase*:

Buttons

  • This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
  • Get Firefox!
  • Top100bloggers.com

Search Google!

Currently Viewing:




Get Firefox!