<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, January 27, 2006

'Signs' by Five Man Electrical Band 
'Signs'
by Five Man Electrical Band


And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply"
So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why
He said "You look like a fine upstanding young man, I think you'll do"
So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"
Whoa-oh-oh

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign
Blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?

And the sign said anybody caught trespassin' would be shot on sight
So I jumped on the fence and-a yelled at the house, "Hey! What gives you
the
right?"
"To put up a fence to keep me out or to keep mother nature in"
"If God was here he'd tell you to your face, Man, you're some kinda sinner"

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign
Blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?

Now, hey you, mister, can't you read?
You've got to have a shirt and tie to get a seat
You can't even watch, no you can't eat
You ain't supposed to be here
The sign said you got to have a membership card to get inside
Ugh!

[Lead Guitar]

And the sign said, "Everybody welcome. Come in, kneel down and pray"
But when they passed around the plate at the end of it all, I didn't have a
penny to pay
So I got me a pen and a paper and I made up my own little sign
I said, "Thank you, Lord, for thinkin' 'bout me. I'm alive and doin' fine."
Wooo!

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign
Blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign
Sign
Sign, sign

I absolutely love this song and shockingly enough, I also like the remake by the band Tesla.

I think the song pretty much speaks for itself so... Read it and let it speak! lol.

I posted this song tonight, though, because I went job searching today and though I saw no signs saying "Long haired freaky people need not apply", I felt as though they were all around me.
I went to the company that essentially runs Myrtle Beach to apply for anything they had open that grabbed my interest and before I could even look at the list the women told me that I could not work for Burroughs and Chapin in any capacity unless I cut my hair with the exception of a few maintenance jobs. So I looked at those jobs to see what they entailed and it was largely cleaning 'solid waste' AKA shit up.
So I didn't apply for any of them. I'm not going to cut my hair just for some shit low-paying job at an amusement park or hotel. Pulling it back into a pintail is one thing and I'd be glad to do that (though I find it uncomfortable at times) for a job but I'm not cutting it for one.
And Shannon's dad Grady got turned down for a job today by the same company because he has a small tattoo on his forearm (and on top of that, its hardly noticeable as it sort of blends into the color of his skin from how long he's had it).

So I shan't be working for that company and I'm nearly thinking about boycotting it. But as some of you may know, Burroughs and Chapin is like Big Brother in this town... Always watching...

All-in-all, this song is great. Even the verses I didn't touch on in this post.

-=The Prynce



Comments:


Random Liberal Bumper Sticker Phrase*:

Buttons

  • This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
  • Get Firefox!
  • Top100bloggers.com

Search Google!

Currently Viewing:




Get Firefox!