<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

'Paranoid Android' by Radiohead 
'Paranoid Android'
by Radiohead


Please could you stop the noise, I'm trying to get some rest
From all the unborn chicken voices in my head
What's that...? (I may be paranoid, but not an android)
What's that...? (I may be paranoid, but not an android)

When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all
What's that...? (I may be paranoid, but no android)
What's that...? (I may be paranoid, but no android)

Ambition makes you look pretty ugly
Kicking and squealing gucci little piggy
You don't remember
You don't remember
Why don't you remember my name?
Off with his head, man
Off with his head, man
Why don't you remember my name?
I guess he does....

Rain down, rain down
Come on rain down on me
From a great height
From a great height... height...
Rain down, rain down
Come on rain down on me
From a great height
From a great height... height...
Rain down, rain down
Come on rain down on me

That's it, sir
You're leaving
The crackle of pigskin
The dust and the screaming
The yuppies networking
The panic, the vomit
The panic, the vomit
God loves his children, God loves his children, yeah!

This song could potentially piss off Christians (and maybe other religions, too) and/or 'scene kids' (as Matt would put it).

Its a song about God and as the writer Thom Yorke put it, "Chaos. Utter fucking chaos."

Some people also take it to be about people who follow the crowd. And it doesn't matter if you're following the big crowd or one made up of just a few people, you need to think for yourself.
I find it odd, you know... Most of the people who will be first to claim they would never follow the crowd are the ones who do it only they don't do it on such a large scale.

Honestly, I see how each of those could be right. Yorke said the first was so that's clearly what it was written about, but that same sort of 'follow the leader blindly' mentality also applies to those who do just that on smaller levels as well as religion.

And of course, some people think its about Marvin the Paranoid Android from Douglas Adams' books in the 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' series. I could sort of see that. Either way, I think it likely that that is where the name came from.

But then again, why would you listen to me? Read the lyrics and see what YOU think its about.

-=The Prynce



Comments:


Random Liberal Bumper Sticker Phrase*:

Buttons

  • This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
  • Get Firefox!
  • Top100bloggers.com

Search Google!

Currently Viewing:




Get Firefox!